Challenging comments and conversations are becoming increasingly common in classrooms. How do you respond when they arise in yours? Are you interested in developing your skills and toolkit of resources when it comes to navigating these difficult moments? This two-hour interactive workshop is designed to address a collective need for effective ways to engage in the classroom, particularly where ideological tensions or controversies arise. By attending this workshop, instructors will be able to:
- Understand possible impacts of difficult conversations on student learning and experience
- Discuss personal experiences and exchange feedback with colleagues
- Identify and practice applying strategies for managing classroom conversations
- Support their students in developing skills to engage in dialogue with respect, curiosity, and academic rigor
View the 2021-2022 workshop dates below and register.
- September 30, 2021: 9:30 am-12:00 pm (Online)