LinkedIn Learning Course Club
This session has 2 components:
1. Individual work/reflection – prior to the session, you will view a selected video (approximately 45 – 60 minutes). You will find the link to the course below.
2. Facilitated virtual group discussion – on the session date we will come together virtually for a 90-minute facilitated group discussion around what we learned.
Cultivating Mental Agility:
In a fast-moving world full of rapid changes, we can't keep thinking the same old way. We have to challenge our ingrained thinking habits to become better and faster problem solvers and decision-makers, able to think strategically or tactically depending on what the situation calls for. Mental agility is what makes employees indispensable and helps organizations stay relevant in the marketplace. In this course, Dorie Clark explains how to cultivate the mental agility required for a great career: from building resilience and learning from the past, to creating an organizational culture that thrives in the face of change.
- Recognize the pitfalls that negatively impact a person’s mental agility.
- Summarize the process of scenario pre-planning, or “pre-mortem.”
- Recall the importance of a decision journal.
- Explain the advantages obtained by becoming mentally agile.
- Identify the strategy mentally agile people use to avoid data paralysis.
LinkedIn Learning Course Club:
1. To View LinkedIn Learning Course Cultivating Mental Agility, click here
2. To register for the virtual group discussion Click here to access Minerva, in the Employee Menu, click on Training Menu, select Organizational Development, and follow the instructions to register