With cold and flu season slowly picking up again, many McGill students have been asking about accessing the flu vaccine on campus.
The Student Wellness Hub will be offering flu vaccine to the following populations:
- Adults who have certain chronic diseases (as defined by the eligibility criteria of Quebec’s Flu Vaccination Program)
- Pregnant women, in the 2nd and 3rd trimesters of their pregnancy
- Family members who live in the same household of a child under 6 months of age or a person at higher risk of being hospitalized and to their caregivers
- Health care workers
Students can call (514) 398-6017 to book an appointment with a nurse. The following dates are available:
- Tuesday, December 3rd from 1:00PM - 4:00PM
- Thursday, December 5th from 9:00AM - 12:00PM
Unfortunately, because the Quebec government no longer offers free flu vaccines to the general population, we cannot offer flu shots to the rest of our students (law regarding health accessory fees). If you would still like to be immunized for influenza, you can obtain the vaccine at a local pharmacy, clinic, or CLSC for a small fee. Please note only students who have paid the Student Services fee are eligible to use the services provided by the Student Wellness Hub.
You can read more about Quebec's Flu Vaccination Program here.