Looking to earn your CFA® designation? Attend one of our free Info Sessions to learn what the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA®) credential is and how it can help your career. In this session, representatives of McGill University’s School of Continuing Studies will briefly discuss the requirements to obtain the CFA® designation, and will offer strategies and tips for preparing for and successfully passing the exam, as well as answer your questions!
Topics covered include:
- What is the CFA® designation and how can it help you jump start your career
- Benefits of the CFA® charter compared to alternative education (MBAs, Master's degrees, CPA and other finance-related professional designations)
- What it takes to pass each one of the CFA® exams and taking the first step towards becoming a CFA® Charterholder
- Tips to help you study more effectively
- Test-taking tips and tricks that will help you save time and avoid pitfalls on exam day
- Resources to help you better prepare for the exam
We will also present the McGill CFA® Exam Preparation Workshops (Level I and Level II), and how they can help you boost your chances of earning the CFA® designation.
About the McGill CFA® Exam Preparation Workshops (Level I and Level II)
These coaching workshops provide a lean and well-thought out CFA® Exam preparation program that will “fire up” your motivation to keep you on top of your study schedule, thereby significantly increasing your chances of passing the exam.
While workshop participants will be required to use a package of review materials produced by Wiley (at a discounted price and including study notes, question banks, video lectures, and two mock exams), the focus is on the following:
- Getting you in the right frame of mind for the CFA® exam “study marathon”
- Helping you set up and stick to your schedule
- Monitoring your exam preparation progress
- Troubleshooting technical difficulties with the exam material.
By using a personalized approach, and by making extensive use of quizzes composed of exam-style questions, you will be coached on what you need to do to be well prepared. Participants are expected to review the topic material before each coaching session, during which the discussions will clarify and improve your understanding of both the concepts underpinning exam questions and the rationale for solving them.
Learn more at mcgill.ca/scs-cfa1 for Level I and at mcgill.ca/scs-cfa2 for Level II