As technology continues to transform the way we communicate and our globalized world becomes increasingly connected, the field of translation is growing at a rapid pace. As new and exciting career paths for translators and language professionals pop up around the world, the field of translation itself is undergoing a major transformation, and those with the right skills and abilities will be poised to capitalize on unique opportunities in the coming years.
Join us for an interactive discussion on the latest changes, trends, challenges and opportunities in the field of translation and learn how tomorrow’s language professionals can kickstart their careers today.
During this session, we will explore topics such as:
- How the role of translators is changing in the global marketplace
- How technology is shaping the field how the profession will evolve in the coming years
- Types of career opportunities and firms hiring translators and language professionals
- Strategies and skillsets you need to succeed in this new marketplace
DISCOVER MCGILL'S CERTIFICATES IN TRANSLATION
Then we will dive into McGill’s certificates in translation to explore how each of our programs can help you launch or advance your career and prepare you for opportunities in this fast-evolving field:
Certificate in Translation
We will cover topics such as:
- Curriculum and courses
- Career and job prospects
- Admission requirements
- Sessions for admission and admission deadlines
- Tuition fees
- Scholarships and financial aid
- How to apply
The session will be conducted mainly in English, but participants can ask questions in English, French or Spanish.
Sign up free at future-of-translation.eventbrite.ca
For more information on this event, contact translation.scs [at] mcgill.ca