Career Pathways in Project Management: Info Session
About this Event
By 2027, employers will need 87.7 million individuals working in project management-oriented roles. That is 2.2 million per year! And according to the Project Management Job Growth and Talent Gap 2017–2027 report from the Project Management Institute, these positions will offer wages 82% higher than those in non-projectized industries. As the field grows and is transformed by technology and AI, the world's organizations will need a new kind of project manager.
Join us on Tuesday, August 13, 2019 at 6 pm for an exploration of Career Pathways in Project Management.
During this event, project management specialists and instructors in our Professional Development Certificate in Project Management will be on hand to discuss trends and opportunities in project management, and how to capitalize on opportunities in project management.
During the evening, we will discuss:
- Core trends and opportunities in project management
- The types of organizations hiring project managers
- Key approaches to project management, including agile project management
- Key skills needed to thrive in project management in today’s world of disruption
- The difference between a "project manager" and a "strategic project leader"
- Professional certifications in Project Management
Then we will dive in to McGill's Professional Development Certificate in Project Management and explore how this unique evening and weekend program can help you advance your career as a project manager and prepare you for opportunities in this fast-evolving profession.
Register at https://scs-projectmanagement.eventbrite.ca
For more information on this event, contact pd.conted [at] mcgill.ca