You’ve recently graduated, have updated your resume, created a cover letter, and set up your LinkedIn. Now what?
Perhaps you’re feeling nervous about your chances of landing a job as a black applicant in a slow economy? Join us for a conversation with Recruitment professionals in various industries who will take us through:
• What steps you can take to overcome the barriers faced by a black job applicant seeking your first job
• How racial barriers work and how to work around them
• How to identify and target diverse employers
• Questions you can ask recruiters and hiring managers
• The role of networking, mentors, and sponsors
Marème Touré - Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, Dentsu International
Maya Toussaint - Senior Specialist Dev Degree, Shopify, Diversity & Inclusion Champion
Afua Agyeiwaa-Boateng - National Director of Leadership Development, Norwex
The Zoom meeting link will be sent to all registrants in advance of the course start time. Please note that these sessions may be recorded. To qualify for CCR recognition, you must register for and sign into the online zoom event using your McGill email address.
RSVP through myFuture