How does race and racism impact learning spaces? What is our role as educators in shaping the learning environment? This two-hour interactive workshop will explore how understanding racism and integrating an anti-racist practice can shift the culture of a classroom or institution. By attending this workshop, instructors will be able to:
- Reflect on their own racial identity and experience and how it impacts their teaching practice
- Understand definitions of racism and anti-racism
- Identify ways that racism manifests in the teaching space
- Explore strategies for strengthening an anti-racist practice
View the 2021-2022 workshop dates below and register.
- October 18, 2021: 2:00 pm-4:30 pm (Online)