Accommodating Employees with Disabilities
Tuesday, February 7, 2023 14:00to16:00
How do you respond when someone discloses a disability or mental health condition in the workplace? What are the resources available at McGill to address a request for accommodations? How do you decide whether an accommodation request is reasonable? This workshop delves into each of these and other critical topics related to accommodations of employees with disabilities.
At the end of this workshop, staff will be able to:
- Recognize common accessibility barriers in the workplace
- Understand the employer’s duty to accommodate
- Respond to an employee’s disclosure of a disability or mental health condition
- Apply strategies to address barriers
- Recommend appropriate campus resources
- Access Minerva.
- In the Employee Menu, click on Training Menu, select Organizational Development, and follow the instructions to register.