BMO Postdoctoral Fellowship in Montréal Studies (including benefits)
BMO Doctoral Fellowship in Montréal Studies
CIRM's BMO Doctoral and Postdoctoral Fellowships support emerging researchers in Montréal Studies and promote emerging research on Montréal, in line with CIRM's mission. Awarded upon selection of a jury composed of CIRM's Director and two members of the executive committee, they allow scholars - whose work intersects with at least one of the six research-action axes of the CIRM - to take part in the work of the Centre and to occupy a workspace in its offices. The duration of each fellowship is from 8 months to 1 year.
> Deadline for the submission of applications: February 28, 2019
- The candidates must be Canadian citizens or permanent residents, or obtain the appropriate visa; be enrolled full-time or plan to enrol full-time at a Quebec university; be supervised by a regular or associate member of CIRM.
- The submitted projects must deal wholly or in part (comparative research is accepted) with Montreal and intersect with at least one of the Centre’s six research-action axes.
- Applications must be written in French or in English and be sent electronically, as a single PDF document, to the pascal.brissette [at] mcgill.ca (director), thestephan.gervais [at] mcgill.ca ( scientific coordinator) and to the victoria.svaikovsky [at] mcgill.ca (administrative assistant) of CIRM before February 28, 2019.
- The holders of the awards must participate in CIRM’s work during the duration of the award. The terms of this participation can be discussed with the Centre’s directors and coordinators.
- The post-doctoral researchers must have received their doctorate in 2016 or later.
- The accumulation of awards with those from large funding organizations, or others, is permitted.
- Motivation letter, in which the name of the supervisor, the home university, and the anticipated contribution to the work at CIRM are specified;
- Description of the research project (maximum 3 pages, single-spaced);
- Resume (university studies, publications, awards received, relevant work and experience);
- Copy of transcript (post-secondary education);
- Confirmation of defense in the event that the diploma is in the process of being obtained;
- 2 letters of recommendation.