The CDO hosts various events for students on campus. To register for any of these events, or for more details, see myFuture. We advertise our events through myFuture, posters around campus, and our bi-weekly email newsletter Mme Jobs.
Information Sessions and Workshops
These sessions provide information about the various career paths available to students and the details of individual application processes. Some examples of these events include:
- Course-aux-stages Info Session, about the primary recruitment process for large Montreal firms;
- Bar Info Session, about the requirements for writing the Quebec and Ontario bars;
- Clerkship and Grad Studies Info Session, about clerking for articling, and academic careers; and
- In-Firm Interview Info Session, about second round interviews in the major Toronto recruitment process.
The CDO moderates panels of alumni or external panellists, where students can gain insight on various topics, including:
- In-House Counsel Panel, to discuss the opportunities for working as lawyer in a business;
- Toronto OCI Panel, where students who have successfully completed Toronto recruitment share their insight; and
- Diversity and Inclusion Panel, where recruiters from law firms discuss diversity and inclusion programs in the legal market generally.
Cocktail and Networking Events
These events give students a chance to network with lawyers and prospective employers, to discover career paths and improve their chances of entering them. Some of these events include:
- Small Firm/Sole Practioner Luncheon, where students can learn about the career opportunities in small firms and sole practice, in fields like family, criminal, aboriginal, corporate, and IP law; and
- Alternative Careers Luncheon, where students can meet graduates who have used their law degrees in fields other than the law.