Many of our graduates have developed distinguished legal careers. Some of these alumni include:
- Morris Fish, Bachelor of Law (first class honours) (1962). Judge on the Quebec Court of Appeal and the Supreme Court of Canada.
- Alison Harvison Young, LL.B. and B.C.L. (1983). Judge on the Supreme Court of Justice of Ontario
- Mayo Moran, LL.B. (1990). First ever female Dean of the Faculty of Law of the University of Toronto.
- Barry Campbell, Bachelor of Law (1975). Former MP and Secretary of State for Finance.
- Yves Fortier, B.C.L. (1958). Canadian Ambassador and Permanent Representative to the UN, Canadian Representative and President of the UN Security Council, Officer and Companion of the Order of Canada and Officer of the National Order of Quebec.
- Kathleen Weil, LL.B. and B.C.L. (1982). Elected representative for the Liberal Party of the National Assembly of Quebec and Minister of Justice for Quebec.
- Melvin Rothman, B.C.L. (1954). Judge of the Quebec Court of Appeal.
- Yoine Goldstein, B.C.L. (1958). Canadian Senator and member of the Liberal Party.
- David Angus, B.C.L. (1962). Canadian Senator and member of the Progressive Conservative Party.
- Leo Kolber, Bachelor of Law (1952). Canadian Senator and member of the Liberal Party.
- Jennifer Stoddart, B.C.L. (1980). Privacy Commissioner of Canada.
- Mary Dawson, BCL (1966).Final drafter for the patriation package (Constitution Act, 1982), Conflict of Interest and Ethics Commissioner of Canada. Named to the Order of Canada.
- Peter Howlett, BCL (1966). President of Montorsan Holdings and Meta Energy and is a founding member of the Montreal International Institute for the Environment. Named to the Order of Canada.
- Ken Dryden, LLB (1973). Montreal Canadiens Goaltender, Member of the Canadian Liberal Party.
- David McAusland, BCL (1976) LL.B. (1977). Executive Vice-President, Corporate Development and Chief Legal Officer at Alcan Inc.
- Irwin Cotler, BCL (1963). Canada's Minister of Justice and Attorney General of Canada between 2003 and 2006. MP for the Liberal Party and professor in the McGill Faculty of Law.
- Donald Meehan, LL.B. (1975). President of Newport Sports Management and NHL Player’s Association Agent.