The School of Continuing Studies (SCS) is seeking an experienced webmaster. Reporting to the Senior Marketing and Communications Advisor in the Dean’s Office of the School of Continuing Studies, the webmaster will play a key role in implementing the strategic marketing and communications plan of the School and its various units. Working with the Senior Advisor and the different units within the School, the webmaster will be responsible for helping to meet marketing and communications objectives by implementing the online community strategy on a digital platform.
- Maintain the Continuing Studies’ and any other unit-related web site, ensuring information is accurate, up-to-date and complete.
- Design and plan landing pages and the School’s website according to UX best practices.
- Plan and develop new features and code changes to the design for the School’s website.
- Formatting, testing and posting website content in a timely and efficient manner.
- Responsible for maintaining a consistent design of the School’s websites.
- Create and maintain landing pages for specific programs and campaigns.
- Increase online presence to potential customers using search engine optimization.
- Assist in content creation as required, including photography and multimedia products.
- Compile statistics and prepare analytic reports on metrics, and continually find ways to improve on those metrics through testing and new initiatives.
- Assess and resolve problems. When appropriate, inform supervisor and formulate recommendations.
- Keep current with best practices and emerging tools in the rapidly changing fields of online marketing, web design and multimedia.
- Perform other related responsibilities as required.
- Maintain and improve the design and structure of the Destiny Public View.
- Test upgrades to Destiny’s code, and fix bugs if needed.
Three (3) years' related experience
Please submit your cover letter and curriculum vitae, clearly indicating the reference number, to the School of Continuing Studies at hr.conted [at] mcgill.ca.
*Current employees: please indicate your McGill ID number in your application.*
We thank all applicants for their interest in McGill University. However, the School of Continuing Studies will only contact applicants selected for an interview.