- Collects hazardous materials such as radioactive, biomedical and chemical waste. Prepares and delivers replacement containers with appropriate identification.
- Operates trucks of various sizes to transport hazardous waste materials and materials for recycling.
- Ensures compliance with University and government health and safety guidelines and regulations such as the Transport of Dangerous Goods Act. Ensures proper completion of internal and government documentation. Reports unsafe conditions to supervisor and participates in safety training.
- Picks up and delivers animals and related materials for satellite facilities.
- Segregates various materials for recycling.
- Responds to emergency spills and assists with clean up procedures.
- Maintains equipment by conducting regular inspection and decontamination procedures. Informs supervisor of requirements for major repairs. Maintains cleanliness of work area.
- Maintains inventory of supplies and equipment used in the immediate work area; compiles a list of items to be purchased.
- Operates trucks of various sizes, drum carts, forklifts and waste compactors. Uses equipment such as pH tester, personal computer, respirator, chemical-resistant suit, safety boots and head gear.
The list of duties and responsibilities outlined above is representative and not a complete and detailed list of tasks which may be performed by an employee whose position has been matched to this generic job description.
High School Leaving Drivers' License
Six (6) months related experience
Please submit your cover letter and curriculum vitae, clearly indicating the reference number, to Facilities Management and Ancillary Services:
McGill University, Facilities Management and Ancillary Services (HR), Area Personnel Office
1010 Sherbrooke Street West, 10th floor
fmas.hr [at] mcgill.ca
The deadline to apply for this position is September 25, 2018 at 5:00 PM.
*Current employees: please indicate your McGill ID number in your application.*
We thank all applicants for their interest in McGill University. However, Facilities Management and Ancillary Services will only contact applicants selected for an interview.