UNIONIZED POSITION COVERED BY THE MUNACA-PSAC BARGAINING UNIT
Provide timely, IT support for units in the Faculty of Engineering. Liaise with other units in IT Services for the resolution of incidents and service requests. Act as a subject matter expert for specific IT services and respond to more complex tickets. Participate in special service improvement projects and initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide 1st and 2nd level technical support to end-users (diagnose, investigate, provide a recommendation, resolve the incident and/or fulfill the request) on a wide a variety of IT services.
- Escalate to the appropriate IT service provider team as required.
- Document and maintain accurate up-to-date information for all incoming calls, e-mails, web-forms, and walk-ins in the ticketing system.
- Acknowledge, resolve, and respond promptly to customer inquiries.
- Coordinate major incident notifications.
- Troubleshoot and research IT resolutions for simple to complex incidents. within the set timeframe.
- As a subject matter expert within the Service Desk, handle 2nd level support tickets for one or many designated services.
- Assist in the enforcement of IT policies and ensure information security and privacy
- Deploy and maintain workstation operating systems and software.
- Participate in the creation and updating of end-user and internal knowledge documentation and articles.
- Train and mentor new IT Support employees.
- Contribute to cross unit special projects.
- Facilitate orientation/demo sessions to end-users.
Education and Experience:
Three (3) years' related experience
Other Qualifying Skills and Abilities:
Strong technical background with ability to work in a fast-changing environment and to learn new tools/applications quickly. Experience with IT customer support involving: PC, Mac, and mobile device environments with good knowledge of Windows OS, email, MS-Office, network connectivity, VPN, Wireless, and MacOSX. Ability to make recommendations to users and explain solutions in non-technical terms. Ability to facilitate training sessions and write user documentation. Strong attention to detail, organizational and planning skills. Ability to meet the objectives of the unit in delivering quality and efficient customer service and assistance in a timely manner. Initiative and proactive approach to problem solving. Excellent analytical skills. Ability to identify, isolate, and communicate problems from, and to, all levels of internal service partners. Ability to guide conversations to gather relevant facts. Strong interpersonal skills including patience and diplomacy. Team player, with demonstrated commitment to service excellence. Experienced with working environments that deal with high volumes of-calls and emails. Comfortable with supporting customers in both English and French.
How to Apply:
Please submit your electronic application via the web at https://engineering.medicine.mcgill.ca/ords/f?p=165 click on "Application Form" and upload your curriculum vitae and cover letter as one document.
The deadline to apply for this position is November 21, 2019 at 5:00 PM.
*Current employees: please indicate your McGill ID number in your application.*
We thank all applicants for their interest in McGill University. However, the Faculty of Engineering will only contact applicants selected for an interview.
In order to maintain internal priority, McGill employees must apply within the delays specified in the MUNACA collective agreement for positions covered by the collective agreement or according to the personnel policies for positions covered by the personnel policies.
McGill University hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. We welcome applications from racialized persons/visible minorities, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, and persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, as well as from all qualified candidates with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. McGill implements an employment equity program and encourages members of designated groups to self-identify. Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may contact, in confidence, accessibilityrequest.hr [at] mcgill.ca or 514-398-3711.