Under the supervision of the Architectural Manager, the Supervisor Technical Design, supervises the work of the Building Technologist group to assure that comprehensive and complete set of plans and specifications are prepared for projects and related construction work of McGill Facilities. The incumbent will be an integral member of the design team with primary responsibility for providing quality control, training to subordinates in construction detailing, drawing conventions and specifications writing. Verifies that the designs presented are respecting building codes and other applicable legislations.
- Supervise the technical work of 4 Building Technologists. Direct the preparation of the architectural technical documents required during all phases of projects and related construction work of McGill Facilities.
- Use professional expertise in order to ensure project deliverables are produced on time, within budget and to the satisfaction of the client.
- Lead the technical development of the projects design and standards for the University.
- Prepare a fully coordinated set of working drawings. Provide site supervision and relative documentation.
- Develops standards architectural details.
- Use professional expertise in order to help clients define their needs and develop design programs in consultation with the user/client and other interested University constituencies.
- Reconcile designs to the Quebec Construction Code and provide code interpretation.
- Oversee that documents prepared by external consultants on projects fits with the requirements of the architectural design.
- Prepare estimations for small and large architectural projects.
- Analyze budgets and ensures that timeline and deadlines of projects are respected.
- Lead small projects and mobilize teams towards project goals.
- Participate in the implementation of new processes and initiatives that foster innovation in the field and update skills and knowledge.
Three (3) years' related experience
Five (5) years' related experience
Please submit your cover letter and curriculum vitae, clearly indicating the reference number, to Facilities Management and Ancillary Services:
McGill University, Facilities Management and Ancillary Services (HR), Area Personnel Office
1010 Sherbrooke Street West, 10th floor
fmas.hr [at] mcgill.ca
The deadline to apply for this position is May 31, 2018 at 5:00 PM.
*Current employees: please indicate your McGill ID number in your application.*
We thank all applicants for their interest in McGill University. However, Facilities Management and Ancillary Services will only contact applicants selected for an interview.