- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of current policies, procedures and regulations.
- Informs students in relation to their files. Resolves problems. Ensures the application of academic regulations and deadlines. According to the needs of the unit, prepares residency rotation and other student activity schedules, contacting the necessary officials to coordinate and verify placement.
- Liaises with students, teaching staff, departments, faculties, services, high schools, CEGEPS, training centers, and university and governmental authorities. Provides explanations related to academic regulations, student records, programs and calendars.
- Obtains and compiles grades. Completes and verifies lists of examination results. Selects and adapts the calculation formula according to the grading system given by the professor. Coordinates submission of grades and requests for grade revisions as well as deferred exams. Verifies and corrects transcripts. Identifies and verifies files of graduating students. Prepares for and attends evaluation meetings and follows up as required.
- Identifies and verifies files of graduating students. Prepares forms requesting diplomas and lists of graduating students. Prepares documents for convocation, attends and assists with this event.
- Maintains filing system and prepares material for archiving. Performs data entry and updating of student files. Resolves related problems.
The list of duties and responsibilities outlined above is representative and not a complete and detailed list of tasks, which may be performed by an employee whose position has been matched to this generic job description.
DEP (Secretarial/Office Systems)
Four (4) years related experience
Please submit your cover letter and curriculum vitae, clearly indicating the reference number, to Enrolment Services at hr.es [at] mcgill.ca.
The deadline to apply for this position is February 25, 2020 at 5:00 PM.
*Current employees: please indicate your McGill ID number in your application.*
We thank all applicants for their interest in McGill University. However, Enrolment Services will only contact applicants selected for an interview.
The masculine is used to lighten the text, without prejudice to the feminine form.