Identify, develop and implement the architecture for the IT solutions that support the Business Needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research, analyze, propose and architect the appropriate IT solution(s) to support the business need.
- Support other IT units involved in the design, construction and implementation of the IT solution; communicate and explain the solution; gain consensus; actively support the delivery of such solutions to ensure solution is delivered and functions as designed and architected.
- Refine and validate project scope and objectives for assigned projects.
- Research emerging technology to propose IT solutions that align with enterprise-wide orientation and vision.
- Develop and maintain the application model (conceptual and logical).
- Provide expert technical consulting across the organization and assistance and leadership in solving complex technical problems
- Provide first-level review of vulnerability assessments.
- Conduct risk and gap analysis.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Establish high-level and detailed estimates in collaboration with other IT resources as input to project planning.
Education and Experience:
Five (5) years’ related experience
Other Qualifying Skills and Abilities:
How to Apply:
Please submit your cover letter and curriculum vitae, clearly indicating the reference number, to IT Services:
McGill University, HR IT Services
688 Sherbrooke Street West, 16th floor
careeropportunity.its [at] mcgill.ca
*Current employees: please indicate your McGill ID number in your application.*
We thank all applicants for their interest in McGill University. However, IT Services will only contact applicants selected for an interview.
McGill applicants, covered by the McGill Non-Unionized, Non-Academic Personnel Policies and Procedures, must apply to a regular M and Excluded position within ten (10) working days of the date of publication to maintain internal priority
McGill University hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. We welcome applications from racialized persons/visible minorities, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, and persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, as well as from all qualified candidates with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. McGill implements an employment equity program and encourages members of designated groups to self-identify. Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may contact, in confidence, accessibilityrequest.hr [at] mcgill.ca or 514-398-3711.