Supports the IT infrastructure with emphasis on the daily operational administration, evolution, maintenance and security of the IP Telephony environment. Assures the reliability, stability and availability of all IT infrastructure components. Builds and delivers systems to the business and diagnoses issues impacting systems and applications. Leads the technical aspects of the project to upgrade the current PBX, session border controllers (SBC) and Lync Server to a new environment based on Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Cisco Unified Contact Center Express and WebEx Teams. Interfaces with the telecommunications providers to ensure the quality of service of the voice traffic (T1, SIP Trunk). Additionally, the senior systems administrator will be working in a team required to maintain and evolve an environment comprised of Active Directory, AD FS, Exchange Online, System Center (SCCM and SCOM) and Windows file servers and many other applications running on Windows Server.
- Install, configure, and maintain technical systems to support business processing requirements.
- Provide Level 2 and 3 technical support, assist in the evaluation of new products and services, and may manage vendor service level agreements.
- Install and troubleshoot systems to ensure functional objectives of the business are met.
- Implement and maintain system management software, as well as research, analyze, and implement software patches and hardware modifications to resolve deficiencies.
- Perform capacity and resource planning by assessing risks and developing contingency plans.
- Maintain production change control schedule and, when needed, assist in the change control.
- Support and schedule operating systems installations and upgrades, as well as layered software packages, in accordance with established IT policies and procedures.
- Configure and maintain physical and logical components.
- Monitor, analyze, and tune the technical system to achieve optimal performance levels.
- Ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive technical system configuration and database library of all supporting documentation.
- Schedules, installs, upgrades and maintains operating systems and software.
- Recommend strategies on modelling, physical design and application tuning.
- Assists in the recommendation of strategies for data center and infrastructure management from business continuity, disaster recovery, monitoring, storage, security.
- Routinely audits hardware and software to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, procedures, and configuration guidelines.
- Implements and use backup and restore techniques.
- Mentors less experienced Systems Specialist on an ongoing and often formal basis.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Five (5) years' related experience
Please submit your cover letter and curriculum vitae, clearly indicating the reference number, to IT Services:
McGill University, HR IT Services
688 Sherbrooke Street West, 16th floor
careeropportunity.its [at] mcgill.ca
*Current employees: please indicate your McGill ID number in your application.*
We thank all applicants for their interest in McGill University. However, IT Services will only contact applicants selected for an interview.