Reporting to the Director of Business Development, Outreach and Marketing, the Senior Marketing and Communications Advisor is responsible for all activities related to conceptualizing, developing, and implementing a proactive, strategically-driven marketing, communications, advertising and promotional strategy and plan to advance the School of Continuing Studies’ goals and objectives. Works closely with the Unit Directors of SCS to provide marketing consultation and assistance with the development and implementation of program specific marketing plans. Provides leadership, direction to a team of two to four regular and temporary employees (includes management and support staff).
- Develop the marketing strategy for the school in line with stated objectives. Manage marketing campaigns with enrollment and business development activities.
- Provide professional communications and public relations expertise in the development and implementation of policies, procedure, programs, and strategies in order to build and enhance the University’s relationship with internal/external constituencies.
- Ensure implementation of new initiatives that support the strategic direction of the unit by keeping abreast of new developments and trends in the field of communications and public relations approaches and initiatives.
- Gather and interpret internal and external market research data and advise the Executive Team on challenges, solutions, and visibility opportunities as well as coordinate the production of all promotional material.
- Oversee the school’s marketing budget as well as plan and implement promotional campaigns.
- Collaborate with each unit to develop a promotional strategy for each program and oversee its timely execution. Coordinate the production of communication products (press release, pamphlets, videos, newsletter).
- Oversee the SCS website, including overall quality and coherence; liaise with external agencies to monitor and report on effectiveness of marketing communications and production of multimedia content.
- Maintain effective internal communications to ensure that all relevant school functions are kept informed of marketing objectives. Monitor, review and report on all marketing activity and results. Monitor industry best practices.
- Design, build and maintain the school’s social media presence, brainstorm new and creative growth strategies.
- Plan, execute, and measure experiments and conversion tests, collaborate with internal teams to create landing pages and optimize user experience.
- Utilize strong analytical ability to evaluate end-to-end customer experience across multiple channels and customer touch points.
- Collaborate with agencies and other vendor partners, and evaluate emerging technologies. Provide thought leadership and perspective for adoption where appropriate.
Five (5) years' related experience
*Internal candidates: Please provide your McGill ID number when applying.*
Please submit your curriculum vitae and cover letter, clearly indicating the reference number, via email to: hr.conted [at] mcgill.ca