Reporting to the Manager, Development Projects in the Campus Planning and Development Office, the Campus Planner contributes to the development and planning of projects for the University. The Campus Planner collaborates in all aspects of project planning, from evaluating project feasibility to defining the final scope of the project for internal and/or external approvals. The Campus Planner will communicate key information concerning planning initiatives to internal and external stakeholders and decision makers.
- Collaborate in the planning and development of projects from the moment of idea generation to project scope and concept approval.
- Collect, maintain and analyze statistical information on all aspects of University activities to respond to requests from Government, other external agencies, faculties and departments.
- Research and analyze projects’ regulatory, campus planning and development, space-related and political implications.
- Summarize analysis and research, make recommendations and communicate results to Senior Management and decision makers.
- Communicate, as required, relevant project information to internal and external stakeholders
- Respect timelines and budgets for project development.
- Develop scope and program requirements for specific projects.
- Interact with internal clients and external agencies, to facilitate project development.
- Participate in the oversight of a range of feasibility studies to facilitate program scope development.
- Perform administrative duties related to project development.
Three (3) years' related experience
Five (5) years' related experience
Please submit your cover letter and curriculum vitae, clearly indicating the reference number, to Facilities Management and Ancillary Services:
McGill University, Facilities Management and Ancillary Services (HR), Area Personnel Office
1010 Sherbrooke Street West, 10th floor
fmas.hr [at] mcgill.ca
The deadline to apply for this position is July 26, 2018 at 5:00 PM.
*Current employees: please indicate your McGill ID number in your application.*
We thank all applicants for their interest in McGill University. However, Facilities Management and Ancillary Services will only contact applicants selected for an interview.