Working under the direction of the Associate Dean, Research and the Academic Director (Research), the incumbent works pro-actively to facilitate faculty members in the preparation of their research grants applications and other research related activities. As a primary contact between faculty researchers, Office of Sponsored Research (OSR) and external granting and regulatory agencies, the incumbent acts as liaison to ensure a smooth process of grants management from pre-application to post-award. To support faculty in their endeavor for continued progress and growth in their research contributions, the incumbent tracks faculty's research output, prepares research and productivity reports and conducts benchmarking analyses with other business schools to help monitor, evaluate and communicate the success of the faculty's research achievements. Working in an evolving and dynamic work environment, the incumbent maintains solid rapport with staff, OSR, the research community and external organizations to build and foster positive relations with all stakeholders. In alignment of the faculty's strategic research plan, the incumbent organizes research visits, workshops and meetings to facilitate exchanges and collaborations to support the objectives and goals of the researchers, functional areas, units and faculty. The incumbent also assists the Faculty’s Research Council in organizing its events and activities.
- Establish and foster effective working relationship with professors by identifying and responding to their needs to optimize application and success rate of research grant applications.
- Maintain strong rapport with staff within faculty/area/unit, Office of Sponsored Research, and research community and external organizations to facilitate administrative processes and implement new strategies to further streamline workflow.
- Assist in the development of research revenue strategies; monitor Faculty's research initiatives to match with new and existing sources of funding opportunities and identify research clusters for potential collaborative initiatives within Faculty and University.
- Monitor and report to Faculty management on research developments to leverage key areas of activity into research revenue growth. Prepare Faculty reports on research targets, various ranking survey, and other research reports as required by the Faculty.
- Contribute to data collection and analysis of Faculty's research contributions; develop performance management frameworks to evaluate the progress of projects and initiatives in relation to the Faculty's University's strategic plans.
- Plan and organize events and activities to help facilitate the advancement of Faculty's growth and progress with their research output.
- Promote the Faculty's research activities within and outside McGill to broaden visibility of the Faculty's endeavors and research achievements to further the University's reputation as a leading research university in Canada and in the world.
- Provide administrative support to the Faculty's Research Council in the organization of events and activities.
- Facilitate the advancement of research and collaborative exchanges and partnerships with international scholars and delegations.
Three (3) years' related experience
Please submit your cover letter and curriculum vitae, clearly indicating the reference number, to Desautels Faculty of Management:
McGill University, Desautels Faculty of Management, Area Personnel Office
1001 Sherbrooke Street West (Samuel Bronfman Building), room 454
hr.mgmt [at] mcgill.ca
The deadline to apply for this position is July 20, 2018 at 5:00 PM.
*Current employees: please indicate your McGill ID number in your application.*
We thank all applicants for their interest in McGill University. However, Desautels Faculty of Management will only contact applicants selected for an interview.