Under the direction of the Chair of the Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, provide advice to researchers on the preparation of research proposals, assist the Chair with development and implementation procedures and provide administrative direction regarding goals and objectives related to research activities.
- Maintain equipment ; Renewal of service contracts; negotiation with vendors for best deal; Liaising with facilities regarding lab and office space linked with the Dept. of Pharmacology
- Provide advice to researchers on the preparation of research proposals and renewals and/or ethics applications and liaise with other institutions regarding their policies and practices. Act as a resource person to research staff and faculty regarding University policies and procedures for research staff
- Provide interpretation of funding/regulatory agencies rules and regulations, and University policies and procedures.
- Implement new policies and new initiatives from McGill University to support the research program.
- Provide efficient and effective administrative services for research activities.
- Assist the Chair of the Dept. with development and implementation procedures and controls to enhance operation and provide administrative direction regarding goals and objectives related to research activities.
- Responsible for administration of public relations initiatives to promote the McGill Pharmacology including the website, special projects, conferences, PowerPoint presentation brochures, etc.
- Oversee planning and organization of seminars.
- Prepare and process documentation, statistic reports to the Chair and Academic staff.
- May supervise support/casual/ staff during peak periods and as required by the Chair
Three (3) years' related experience
Please submit your application online at http://www.mcgill.ca/medhr/positions-available/apply-now
Click on “APPLY NOW” and clearly indicate the reference number.
The deadline to apply for this position is November 14, 2019 at 5:00 PM.
*Current employees: please indicate your McGill ID number in your application.*
We thank all applicants for their interest in McGill University. However, the Faculty of Medicine will only contact applicants selected for an interview.