Reporting to the Assistant Registrar, Academic and Reporting, this position supports the integration of McGill’s values, standards, and goals with respect to student life and learning into University policies, operations, and procedures. Manages the Registration, Programs and Degree Evaluation, and eCalendar unit and supervises staff. Develops and reviews University procedures for registration, degree evaluation, and academic programs. Participates in assessing priorities with faculties, departments, and other units across both McGill campuses. Works with academic advisors, faculties, and departments in compliance of curriculum requirements. Liaises with other units across the campus to enhance our systems.
- Manage the Registration team, the Programs and Degree Evaluation team, and the eCalendar team. Train and supervise direct reports.
- Negotiate priorities with faculties and establish work plans of the teams.
- Develop and review university procedures for degree evaluation and eCalendars.
- Work with academic advisors, faculties, and units to ensure accuracy of information, procedures, and curriculum requirements for both degree evaluation and eCalendar.
- In consultation with faculties, establish and implement registration protocols to ensure they meet the needs of all students registered at McGill.
- Contribute to system enhancements by liaising with various IT teams and the Enrolment Services project management team.
- Acts as business lead in IT projects whenever appropriate.
- Assist with government reporting (GDEU) by ensuring the accurate input of student, program, and course data and by diagnosing and resolving errors to avoid or eliminate rejections.
Three (3) years' related experience
Please submit your cover letter and curriculum vitae, clearly indicating the reference number, to Enrolment Services at hr.es [at] mcgill.ca.
The deadline to apply for this position is November 21, 2019 at 5:00 PM.
*Current employees: please indicate your McGill ID number in your application.*
We thank all applicants for their interest in McGill University. However, Enrolment Services will only contact applicants selected for an interview.