Ensures the smooth operation and administrative support of Campus Outaouais’s teachings and students in accordance with McGill University’s mission and values.
This role includes the implementation of administrative processes and policies related to the operation of a decentralized faculty of medicine, including the local application of policies and procedures and the establishment of appropriate liaison with the University’s central administrative units. Works with administrators and academics to implement the University’s mission in relation to its values and culture; implements document management; monitors agreements, grants and other formal relationships; collaborates on translations; supports governing bodies and committees; and protects university symbols.
- Implements moderately complex administrative procedures, policies and methods that meet or exceed established quality requirements; ensures the functional links with the University’s administrative excellence centres. Ensures the Campus’s day-to-day operations in accordance with established goals and objectives.
- Executes and organizes activities to support the Campus’s day-to-day operations by ensuring that administrative services are carried out in accordance with established goals and objectives.
- Monitors and reconciles accounts; assists in the preparation of reports and financial statements.
- Approves expenditures in accordance with established guidelines.
- Plans meetings, conferences, lunches and events.
- Records and distributes the agendas and minutes.
- Manages software licenses and hardware distribution.
- Administers HR-related documents including the processing of forms, letters, payroll and other documents.
- Maintains an inventory of the rooms, furnishings and equipment for services required at the Campus such as renovations, security, emergency response, safety, etc.
- Manages material resources in accordance with University and government rules.
- Compiles statistics and data. Updates documents and reports, in printed format or on a website.
- Provides support to student affairs, academic affairs, faculty development and research.
- Establishes and fosters effective working relationships by identifying needs and providing support for service delivery.
- Resolves administrative problems. If applicable, informs the supervisor and makes recommendations.
- Attends meetings.
- Supports employees in their training.
Three (3) years' related experience
Please submit your application online at http://www.mcgill.ca/medhr/positions-available/apply-now
Click on “APPLY NOW” and clearly indicate the reference number.
The deadline to apply for this position is November 14, 2019 at 5:00 PM.
*Current employees: please indicate your McGill ID number in your application.*
We thank all applicants for their interest in McGill University. However, the Faculty of Medicine will only contact applicants selected for an interview.