Reporting to the Director of IT Architecture and Strategy, the IT service business solution manager (ITSM BSM) is responsible for the overall operationalization of the IT service management (ITSM) processes, providing visibility on the efficiency and compliance of ITSM processes, establishing and recommending changes to procedures that affect the efficiency and effectiveness of IT service management processes in conjunction with individual ITSM process managers and providing guidance to ITSM process managers within the latitude of company policies. In addition to the BSM responsibilities, the BSM is also a process owner with responsibilities regarding the operational management of a specific IT service management process. As the process manager, he/she also plays a key role in process design and implementation activities, which usually includes chairing process steering committees. The process manager is also responsible for the training, support, and ongoing coaching of process practitioners (process users).
- Staying abreast overall on ITSM best practices and process evolution and possible strategic directions
- Developing overall ITSM objectives with the Director
- Overseeing the implementation of short and long term plans related to IT service management
- Exercising leadership in influencing others in attaining the established objectives
- Acting as single-point of contact for any ITSM planning activities ; Managing resource allocations and establishing and monitoring deadlines
- Performing annual Performance Dialogue for direct reports and providing coaching and motivation ; Establishing training and development plans; Determining performance ratings for direct reports ; Recommending decisions on hiring and discipline and performance management to Director
- Fostering and maintaining effective working relationships with colleagues
- Working with process owners to plan and manage all process activities
- Ensuring that all activities are carried out as required throughout the service lifecycle
- Chairing process governance steering committees
- Developing and delivering training programs for process practitioners
- Creation and maintenance of process documentation / guides
- Appointing people to the required roles
- Managing resources assigned to the process
- Working with service owners and other process managers to ensure the smooth running of services
- Monitoring and reporting on process performance
- Identifying improvement opportunities for inclusion in the CSI register
- Working with the CSI manager and process owner to review and prioritize improvements in the CSI register
- Making improvements to the process implementation.
Five (5) years’ related experience
Please submit your cover letter and curriculum vitae, clearly indicating the reference number, to IT Services:
McGill University, HR IT Services
688 Sherbrooke Street West, 16th floor
careeropportunity.its [at] mcgill.ca
*Current employees: please indicate your McGill ID number in your application.*
We thank all applicants for their interest in McGill University. However, IT Services will only contact applicants selected for an interview.
The masculine is used to lighten the text, without prejudice to the feminine form.