Working closely with the Associate Director Infrastructure, the incumbent will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of all infrastructure. This includes building and AV/IT systems maintenance, major renovations, and minor enhancement projects inside and outside of the buildings. Will act as the liaison between occupants and the appropriate part of the University Services organization to resolve problems in keeping with Faculty customer focus, priorities, and cost management.
- Responsible for maintenance and minor enhancement projects of physical facilities and technology, both inside and outside of the Faculty's facilities.
- Conduct regular tours of the facilities and review on a regular basis the maintenance requests, reports, and bring issues to the attention of supervisor and other relevant members of the unit.
- Act as the liaison for the Faculty's Telephone system, and as the Faculty Area Access Manager, including analysis of security incidents, taking action as required.
- Oversee the hiring of casual staff for Faculty events, including the scheduling of work hours, training of staff, and assigning tasks.
- Act as first point of contact for all class schedule inquiries; assist in the class scheduling process.
- Is the resource person for students, professors, staff and others for room booking; resolve problems related to the use of premises.
- Provide additional support for Faculty events held in the buildings, including reserving space and arranging for cleanings.
- Monitor expenses regular to ensure that budget limits are respected. Compile statistical reports as required.
Three (3) years’ related experience
Other Qualifying Skills and/or Abilities:
Demonstrated organizational and interpersonal skills. Ability to make decisions and solve problems. Must be service-oriented, and be able to liaise with all levels of staff. Proven ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment. Good communications skills. Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Strong attention to detail. Knowledge of University policies and procedures. Event planning or supervisory experience in service industry a must. Demonstrated ability to schedule events and staff. Knowledge of AV equipment an asset. Demonstrated ability to work in a MS Office environment using word processing, spreadsheets, Banner, and databases. English and French, spoken and written.
How to Apply:
Please submit your cover letter and curriculum vitae, clearly indicating the reference number, to Desautels Faculty of Management:
McGill University, Desautels Faculty of Management, Area Personnel Office
1001 Sherbrooke Street West (Samuel Bronfman Building), room 454
hr.mgmt [at] mcgill.ca
The deadline to apply for this position is July 19, 2018 at 5:00 PM.
*Current employees: please indicate your McGill ID number in your application.*
We thank all applicants for their interest in McGill University. However, Desautels Faculty of Management will only contact applicants selected for an interview.
McGill University hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. We welcome applications from racialized persons/visible minorities, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, and persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, as well as from all qualified candidates with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. McGill implements an employment equity program and encourages members of designated groups to self-identify. Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may contact, in confidence, Professor Angela Campbell, Associate Provost (Equity and Academic Policies) at angela.campbell [at] mcgill.ca or 514-398-1660.