Under the direction of the immediate supervisor, oversees the day-to-day operations of a unit and make recommendations to improve unit efficiency. May organize, distribute and verify the work of a small group. Acts as the main contact for policies and procedures, resolves complex problems, instructs others. Authorizes and is signing authority for electronic forms and other documents related but not limited to employee salaries, benefits, pension, records and payroll. Liaises with external organizations and government agencies. Responsible for documents and files of the unit. Maintains computerized information systems.
- Oversees the day-to-day operations of the unit/department. Establishes priorities and schedules of projects. Participates in the development and implementation of projects, work methods and procedures. Recommends procedural changes to improve unit efficiency, including recommendations on staff requirements. Follows up on and ensures appropriate implementation of decisions made by supervisor.
- Ensuring that all standards are met and procedures are followed, organizes, distributes and verifies the work of a small team and participates in their training.
- Acts as resource person regarding the unit's policies and procedures. Resolves complex problems within area of responsibility. Consults relevant documentation and liaises with appropriate resource persons to obtain and provide information on diverse and complex issues.
- Approves transactions related to all employee groups, such as appointment forms for tenure track academics and appointment forms resulting in any salary change for administrative and support staff, overtime and miscellaneous requests.
- Coordinates all payroll activities, including retroactive payments, taxes deductions and other complex payroll calculations. Provides information on specialized payroll processing and guidelines. Receives and responds to subpoenas and process court directed seizures.
- Maintains personnel files and completes documentation for payment, postings, appointments, promotions, nominations, sabbatical leaves, absences, and other administrative forms. Explains procedures to follow. Ensures that deadlines are met.
- Monitor attendance and calculate vacation entitlement for employees. Follow-up on benefits forms and leaves of absence.
Five (5) years' related experience
Please submit your application online at http://www.mcgill.ca/medhr/positions-available/apply-now
Click on “APPLY NOW” and clearly indicate the reference number.
The deadline to apply for this position is October 18, 2019 at 5:00 PM.
*Current employees: please indicate your McGill ID number in your application.*
We thank all applicants for their interest in McGill University. However, the Faculty of Medicine will only contact applicants selected for an interview.