Under the supervision of the Administrative Officer, the incumbent will provide high level confidential administrative support and human resources services to the Faculty of Medicine. This includes responsibility for the unit's personnel administration processes and coordination of a variety of human resources activities, including staffing, benefits administration, salary administration, labour relations and records management, training and guidance on Human Resource matters. Act as a liaison and resource person with various Administrative Excellence Centre’s (AEC) and departments across the Faculty of Medicine.
- Perform a variety of operational activities in the HR cycle, from recruitment to retirement for the Faculty of Medicine.
- Verify and process appointment forms and changes of status, etc.
- Draft/review offer letters and manage activities related to onboarding new employees.
- Process one-time payments.
- Process leaves (parental and unpaid leave of absences).
- Respond to general questions and provide explanations concerning University personnel policies and procedures and the application of the collective agreements.
- Provide procedural and payroll compliance advice to the AECs and other units on POPS and Minerva transactions, maternity leaves, sick leaves, replacement costs, holiday calculations, etc.
- Resolve problems within area of responsibility.
- Participate in peer training.
- Assist in the preparation of reports and files for arbitration cases.
- Maintain personnel files.
- Provide administrative back-up to unit’s HR Administrator positions.
- Perform other projects and related duties.
Three (3) years' related experience
Please submit your application online at http://www.mcgill.ca/medhr/positions-available/apply-now. Click on “APPLY NOW” and clearly indicate the reference number.
The deadline to apply for this position is July 26, 2018 at 5:00 PM.
*Current employees: please indicate your McGill ID number in your application.*
We thank all applicants for their interest in McGill University. However, the Faculty of Medicine will only contact applicants selected for an interview.