Under the direction of the Design Manager, Design Services of Facilities Development and Ancillary Services, coordinates the requests of users and clients for the furniture and signage requests on campus. Dispenses advice to research, academic and administrative units on furniture products. Prepare for presentation documents. Administers the installation of interior and exterior signage on campus.
- Support to architect and designers in producing visual 3D documents for presentation to clients.
- Maintain policies and guidelines for various types of furniture.
- Assess the furniture need in support of university construction, renovation and reorganization projects, working primarily with project managers.
- Assist in establishing appropriate standards based on objective, sustainable attributes of furniture products and research suppliers and installers.
- Assess and resolve problems when meeting with clients to finalize specifications. When needed, inform supervisor and make recommendations.
- Maintain policies and guidelines for appropriate interior and exterior signage.
- Meet with clients and outline required signage. Obtain cost estimate for approval by the supervisor. When needed, inform supervisor and make recommendations.
- Provide proofs for approval and printing on exterior signage.
- Schedule and coordinate installation activities with signage suppliers.
- Provide prints construction documents for internal and external inquiries.
- Establish and foster effective working relationships with clients by assessing needs and providing support throughout the project.
Three (3) years' related experience
Please submit your cover letter and curriculum vitae, clearly indicating the reference number, to Facilities Management and Ancillary Services:
McGill University, Facilities Management and Ancillary Services (HR), Area Personnel Office
1010 Sherbrooke Street West, 10th floor
fmas.hr [at] mcgill.ca
The deadline to apply for this position is February 27, 2020 at 5:00 PM.
*Current employees: please indicate your McGill ID number in your application.*
We thank all applicants for their interest in McGill University. However, Facilities Management and Ancillary Services will only contact applicants selected for an interview.
The masculine is used to lighten the text, without prejudice to the feminine form.