The Faculty of Medicine’s financial, student affairs, academic affairs and human resources activities are organized into Administrative Excellence Centers (AECs), which provide administrative services to our departments. Under the leadership of the Associate Director of
Administration, Financial, Student Affairs, HR and Academic Affairs specialists are responsible for delivering these services. Under the direction of the Associate Director of Administration, the Financial Officer provides professional financial guidance for all
funds within the AEC’s jurisdiction. As the senior member of the AEC’s Financial Service Team (FST), the Financial Officer supports the Associate Director in providing key financial analysis and recommendations aligned to support the strategic focus and mission of the
departments within the AEC. The Financial Officer oversees all financial activities to ensure best practices and processes are in place to maximize compliance with all internal and external policies and regulations. The Financial Officer liaises with all members of the AEC
team as well as the department chairs, faculty members, departmental administrative staff as well as the Financial Affairs Team in the Faculty of Medicine’s Dean’s Office. Furthermore, the Financial Officer supervises all members of the FST within the AEC.
- Manages all financial activities for departments within the AEC including financial management,post award financial management, budget management and analysis;
- Ensures best practices and processes are in place to maximize compliance with all internal and external policies and regulations;
- Acts as backup to Financial Administrator to approve selected financial transactions;
- Responsible for the preparation of departmental budgets, forecasts and periodic variance analysis;
- Regularly provides financial updated on funds monitoring and management to Associate Director and Chairs, as well as ensures all planning activities are aligned with departmental and Faculty priorities;
- Assists researchers to ensure obligations / deadlines are met regarding their post-award fund management and ensures expenses are allocated to most appropriate funding sources and in compliance with grant, legislative, and institutional rules and regulations;
- May be asked to assist in identifying revenue generating opportunities, prepares business plans and offers recommendations to the Associate Directors and Chairs;
- Ensures financial support is available and meets the needs of all stakeholders including Chairs, Associate Director, academics, researchers and Fund Financial Managers (FFM);
- Liaises with all members of the AEC team as well as the department chairs, faculty members, departmental administrative staff and the Financial Affairs Team in the Faculty of Medicine's Dean's Office;
- Advises and trains AEC clients on University and Faculty of Medicine finance related policies and procedures.
- Supervises all members of the Financial Services Team (FST) within the AEC.
Three (3) years' related experience
Five (5) years' related experience
Please submit your application online at http://www.mcgill.ca/medhr/positions-available/apply-now
Click on “APPLY NOW” and clearly indicate the reference number.
The deadline to apply for this position is November 21, 2019 at 5:00 PM.
*Current employees: please indicate your McGill ID number in your application.*
We thank all applicants for their interest in McGill University. However, the Faculty of Medicine will only contact applicants selected for an interview.