Provide financial and accounting services centrally, or in a faculty/department/unit, to support the recording and reporting of the University’s financial position. Develop and implement financial, accounting, audit, investment, risk, and procurement strategies. Provide financial information and analysis, evaluate business and financial implications of investment proposals, implement and monitor financial and accounting policies and procedures, develop and implement financial controls, process and monitor financial transactions. Audit various operations of the University. Invest University’s endowment trust, pension funds or other funds. Manage insurance claims and risk practices. Ensure effective procurement strategies and provide procurement services to the University community.
- Act as a primary point of contact for Researchers requiring financial / administrative assistance during the post-award management of their research funding.
- Communicate University procedures as they apply to research funds to promote compliance with all applicable regulations and policies.
- Provide relevant training to local users and act as a help desk where collaboration is necessary to roll out new systems, processes, or other tools which will facilitate research administration.
- Review fund balances and expiry dates in collaboration with Research Financial Management Services (RFMS) and Office of Sponsored Research for planning purposes and ensure continuity / renewal of funds where applicable.
- Validate expenditures for compliance with applicable Sponsor terms and conditions and University policies.
- Promote sound record retention practices to PIs to facilitate ease of access and compliance with all regulatory policies for retention of documents.
- Liaise with RFMS for assistance with resolution of fund over-expenditures, filing of financial reports to Sponsors and other relevant information related to research fund activities.
- Remind PIs of reporting deadlines to ensure smooth research activities.
- Assist with the correction of ineligible expenditures charged to grants or other research.
- Review and approve Expense Reimbursement Claims to ensure compliance with applicable policies.
- Initiate and process a number of accounting activities such as opening funds, journal entries, supplier invoices and cheque deposits.
- Participate in Special Projects.
Three (3) years' related experience
Please submit your electronic application via the web at https://engineering.medicine.mcgill.ca/ords/f?p=165 click on "Application Form" and upload your curriculum vitae and cover letter as one document.
The deadline to apply for this position is February 27, 2020 at 5:00 PM.
*Current employees: please indicate your McGill ID number in your application.*
We thank all applicants for their interest in McGill University. However, the Faculty of Engineering will only contact applicants selected for an interview.
The masculine is used to lighten the text, without prejudice to the feminine form.