Under the direction of the Marketing and Communications Director, the Digital Communications Manager is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the Faculty’s digital presence as well as the digital marketing activities together with the Digital Marketing Officer. This role involves ensuring that the Faculty’s websites are optimized for the best possible user experience across all platforms (desktop & mobile) and coordinating regular updates with each program, area and centre. In addition, the incumbent works with the creative and digital marketing agencies to ensure consistent branding across platforms.
As Site Administrator, oversee all projects under www.mcgill.ca/desautels including 7 microsites.
- Collaborate with internal (Web Services Group, Communications & External Relations and IT Customer Services) and external partners to develop digital communications content strategies and site improvements.
- Select the most appropriate business application procedure for Faculty and Program Website Optimization and SEO. Conduct competitive benchmarking research and recommend website improvements based on current trends and oversee all developments.
- Advise internal clients about content best practices (SEO, usability, optimization for mobile design, tone and style, brand positioning). Provide coaching and/or reports when required.
- Work closely with Digital Marketing Officer and outside agencies to optimize web site content and responsive design for Search Engine Marketing (SEM) and an improved mobile User Experience (UX).
- Responsible for Web Statistics, Reporting and Strategy alignment derived from statistics reporting. Analyze data collected (Google Analytics) to track, measure, and optimize content performance, and to adjust content strategy. Establish KPIs to measure overall content reach.
As Content Strategist, oversee all aspects of the Faculty website: text, design, navigation/structure, digital assets, and coordinate new content when required, ensuring that it adheres to Faculty guidelines and standards.
- Working closely with Associate Director of Communications and creative agencies, determine the Faculty and program needs for multi format digital contents (text, videos, graphics/photos)
- Manage creative assignments and revisions of content created by other contributors.
- Ensure increased brand consistency across the Faculty, its programs and with student groups
- Support University Advancement with their donor campaigns
Three (3) years' related experience
Please submit your cover letter and curriculum vitae, clearly indicating the reference number, to Desautels Faculty of Management:
McGill University, Desautels Faculty of Management, Area Personnel Office
1001 Sherbrooke Street West (Samuel Bronfman Building), room 312/313
hr.mgmt [at] mcgill.ca
The deadline to apply for this position is November 14, 2019 at 5:00 PM.
*Current employees: please indicate your McGill ID number in your application.*
We thank all applicants for their interest in McGill University. However, Desautels Faculty of Management will only contact applicants selected for an interview.