University Advancement (UA) promotes McGill to its global community and to the public, engaging alumni, volunteers and friends of the University, and building on McGill’s record of fundraising success in support of University priorities. By joining UA, you can be part of a dynamic, exciting and growing team of professionals that is making an extraordinary impact on the world by advancing the philanthropic and engagement ambitions of McGill University. To find out more about career opportunities with UA, please visit us at https://www.mcgill.ca/advancement/ua-careers.
Under the general direction of the Director, Development, Faculty of Engineering, the incumbent is responsible for securing Special and Major Gifts ($25k-$99k) for the Faculty of engineering, developing and managing a portfolio of prospects, developing and building relationships with alumni around professional and social networks, and building and managing a network of fundraising volunteers..
- Manage a personal portfolio of prospects and donors for the Faculty. Encourage and seek philanthropic support for McGill. Formulate, recommend and implement cultivation, engagement, solicitation and stewardship strategies to secure gifts from the prospects portfolio.
- Develop an in depth understanding of the Faculty’s key fundraising priorities and promote these priorities effectively to prospects.
- Identify, cultivate and solicit prospects capable of contributing gifts to Faculty and University priorities. Through personal visits, identify and qualify individuals to determine capacity, inclination and interests in providing support to the Faculty. Evaluate and recommend appropriate next steps for newly qualified potential donors and current donors.
- Identify, recruit, train and manage a network of volunteers to assist with fundraising and alumni relations activities. Organize all schedules and follow-up communications to volunteers pre- and post- meetings. Maintain close communication and act as a Faculty liaison with volunteers.
- Participate actively in McGill University Advancements events as part of an integrated approach to prospect identification, cultivation and stewardship.
- Provide assistance and advice to the University community on all fundraising activities.
- Generate written materials associated with the fundraising process, such as proposals, stewardship reports and general correspondence. Ensure that all communications materials be vetted and approved by the (Associate) Director of Development and/or the necessary University partners.
- Participate in Prospect Management System; file timely and appropriate contact reports, recording of proposals, etc.
- Work in close collaboration with colleagues in the McGill University Advancement Office and Faculty based fundraising operations.
- Undertake in-depth analysis of complex problems/issues, articulate alternatives and recommend solutions.
- Participate in the development and implementation of new initiatives that support the strategic direction of the faculty/unit by keeping abreast of new developments and trends in the field of alumni relations and fundraising.
- Undertake special projects as assigned.
Three (3) years' related experience
Please submit your cover letter and curriculum vitae, clearly indicating the reference number, to University Advancement at staffing.dev [at] mcgill.ca.
The deadline to apply for this position is November 14, 2019 at 5:00 PM.
*Current employees: please indicate your McGill ID number in your application.*
We thank all applicants for their interest in McGill University. However, University Advancement will only contact applicants selected for an interview.