Supports the development and on-going maintenance of analytical reports and trend analysis to respond to the needs, goals and mission of the Scholarships & Student Aid Office (SSAO). Responsibilities include the development and implementation of data gathering and report delivery to support the operational and strategic needs of SSAO and the University community with regards to Student Financial Aid and Awards. It also includes management of data warehouse views, reporting tools, query tools as well as providing end user reporting support. Represents SSAO within University community.
- Analyze requests for data and determine the best method to locate, assemble and report data to meet the needs defined by various client groups.
- Provide solid analytical and quantitative information to support evidence-based decision making.
- Development and maintenance of internal and external reports and data warehouse views to ensure data sources support business needs.
- Ensure required data is captured in a statistically reliable manner.
- Develop test plans and perform testing for all phases of data warehouse development including implementation of new or improved views as well as upgrades.
- Troubleshoot, assess and resolve problems requiring specialized skills and technical knowledge. Provide advice to clients on problem resolution. When appropriate, inform supervisor.
- Represent unit at internal/external meetings
- Undertake special projects
Three (3) years' related experience
Please submit your cover letter and curriculum vitae, clearly indicating the reference number, to Student Services at staffing.s2 [at] mcgill.ca.
The deadline to apply for this position is November 21, 2019 at 5:00 PM.
*Current employees: please indicate your McGill ID number in your application.*
We thank all applicants for their interest in McGill University. However, Student Services will only contact applicants selected for an interview.