- Greets customers and clients. Provides information on the unit's policies, products and equipment and makes recommendations based on customer requirements.
- Updates computerized databases concerning customers, warranties, service requests, prices and other information related to the activities of the unit.
- Completes order forms or requisitions for the sale or rental of products, services and equipment. Confirms availability and arranges delivery of products, services or equipment. Prioritizes customer requests.
- Follows up on orders and resolves problems relating to deliveries, billing, defective merchandise and outstanding orders. Determines need, returns merchandise to originator and verifies items upon receipt.
- Assists in preparing promotional materials and displays. Places orders and restocks sales and display areas. Removes returnable stock from displays and prepares it for return to supplier.
- Verifies charges and prices. Processes adjustments and sales in accordance with the unit's procedures. Handles cheque and cash payments and invoices remaining orders using a computerized billing system. May process refunds.
- Accepts payments, checks account numbers, balances cash and credit card batch sales daily.
- Assists in the counting of stock for inventory or ordering purposes and in the maintenance of sales, service or storage areas. Performs clerical duties related to the activities of the unit.
The list of duties and responsibilities outlined above is representative and not a complete and detailed list of tasks, which may be performed by an employee whose position has been matched to this generic job description.
DEP (Secretarial/Office Systems)
Two (2) years' related experience
Please submit your cover letter and curriculum vitae, clearly indicating the reference number, to Facilities Management and Ancillary Services:
McGill University, Facilities Management and Ancillary Services (HR), Area Personnel Office
1010 Sherbrooke Street West, 10th floor
fmas.hr [at] mcgill.ca
The deadline to apply for this position is February 25, 2020 at 5:00 PM.
*Current employees: please indicate your McGill ID number in your application.*
We thank all applicants for their interest in McGill University. However, Facilities Management and Ancillary Services will only contact applicants selected for an interview.
The masculine is used to lighten the text, without prejudice to the feminine form.