- Maintains records concerning eligible or potential attendees. Obtains lists and other data. Verifies, arranges, and reviews data. Types, proofreads, edits, assembles and disseminates mailings. Coordinates typesetting, printing, and mass mailings.
- Maintains an inventory of materials and supplies appropriate to the activities of the unit. Places orders to replenish stock
- Word processes drafts, correspondence and reports. Composes correspondence and reports. Attends committee meetings and takes minutes.
- Ensures proper maintenance of the unit's filing system
- Uses equipment such as a personal computer, printer, telephone, photocopier, fax machine, typewriter, overhead projector, and other office equipment.
- Liaises with speakers. Makes travel and hotel arrangements. Prepares travel expense reports for reimbursement of speakers. Receives papers to be presented. Ensures they are edited and submitted to appropriate publication.
The list of duties and responsibilities outlined above is representative and not a complete and detailed list of tasks which may be performed by an employee whose position has been matched to this generic job description.
DEP (Secretarial/Office Systems)
Three (3) years related experience
*Internal candidates: Please provide your McGill ID number when applying.*
Please submit your application online at http://www.mcgill.ca/medhr/positions-available/apply-now. Click on “APPLY NOW” and clearly indicate the reference number.