Under the direction of the Associate Director Communication designs and implements communications plans for, and in consultation with Student Services, McGill Office for Spiritual and Religious Life, First Peoples’ House, Career Planning Services, Tutorial, Scholarships & Student Aid, International Student Services, Office for Students with Disabilities and Macdonald Campus Student Services. Provides advice and makes proposals to individual areas regarding their promotion and outreach activities.
- Evaluates, plans and manages implementation of interconnected communications tools, resources, and strategies related to communications projects within the above-mentioned units;
- Researches and designs effective student communications approaches and mechanisms;
- Manages and ensures adherence to communications and branding principles (including any Student Services’ branding guidelines);
- Ensures coherent messaging in line with Student Services’ and the units’ communications plans and priorities;
- Communicates and collaborates effectively with subject matter experts (staff, students, external collaborators) to analyze needs, determine objectives, and develop resources and materials;
- Manages development and implementation of promotional and educational content for students and other stakeholders;
- Advises on the evaluation of communications activities and materials related to services and programs of the aforementioned units;
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of current higher education research and best practices related to communication;
- Researches and makes recommendations on the feasibility of unit initiatives from a communications perspective.
- Provides ongoing reports on the progress and status of the units’ communications plan.
Three (3) years' related experience
Please submit your cover letter and curriculum vitae, clearly indicating the reference number, to Student Services at staffing.s2 [at] mcgill.ca.
The deadline to apply for this position is February 27, 2020 at 5:00 PM.
*Current employees: please indicate your McGill ID number in your application.*
We thank all applicants for their interest in McGill University. However, Student Services will only contact applicants selected for an interview.
The masculine is used to lighten the text, without prejudice to the feminine form.