University Advancement (UA) promotes McGill to its global community and to the public, engaging alumni, volunteers and friends of the University, and building on McGill’s record of fundraising success in support of University priorities. By joining UA, you can be part of a dynamic, exciting and growing team of professionals that is making an extraordinary impact on the world by advancing the philanthropic and engagement ambitions of McGill University. To find out more about career opportunities with UA, please visit us at https://www.mcgill.ca/advancement/ua-careers .
Under the supervision of the Associate Director, Digital Strategy, the incumbent will provide digital communications support, with a focus on video and multimedia content development with a view to strengthening McGill’s relationship with alumni, donors and other constituents. The incumbent will be responsible for producing and managing multimedia content that advances engagement and fundraising objectives across a variety of digital platforms. Responsibilities include developing storyboards, filming relevant events and interviews, gathering b-roll, as well as recording/editing footage and developing motion graphics.
- Plans and develops multimedia and video content by developing story ideas, working with clients and Communications team to write scripts, identify filming locations and manage all necessary equipment.
- Produces video content by filming interviews, managing audio and lighting, and gathering b-roll and additional footage as necessary.
- Manages the post-production of video and multimedia content, including editing, motion graphics, music and sound, and captions and subtitles.
- Identifies opportunities for developing multimedia content and operates with agility to create and distribute content to audiences under tight timelines.
- Works with Digital Strategy team and broader communications unit to offer best practices as they relate to video and multimedia products across a variety of websites, social media and other applications.
- Upkeeps video equipment, evaluating ongoing needs and ensuring that equipment meets the needs of video and multimedia projects.
- Manages video requests from a variety of clients across the University. Attends periodic Communications and UA progress meetings to share information and advice and to review issues, priorities, and schedules.
- Works with Digital Strategy team to advise on distribution methods and analyze the results of video and multimedia content to maximize the impact of digital marketing strategies.
- Performs other related tasks.
Three (3) years' related experience
Please submit your cover letter and curriculum vitae, clearly indicating the reference number, to University Advancement at staffing.dev [at] mcgill.ca.
*In addition to CV and cover letter, please submit up to three samples from your video/multimedia portfolio.*
The deadline to apply for this position is November 14, 2019 at 5:00 PM.
*Current employees: please indicate your McGill ID number in your application.*
We thank all applicants for their interest in McGill University. However, University Advancement will only contact applicants selected for an interview.