UNIONIZED POSITION COVERED BY THE MUNACA-PSAC BARGAINING UNIT
Under the supervision of the Manager, Campus Printing, the Coordinator will be responsible in delivering quality business operations to support the daily needs of students and staff, in relations with the uPrint Service activities and act as a liaison with other departments and other IT units.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handling request from customers concerning moving, adding and changing uPrint machines (MACD process)
- Act as a liaison with Network and Communication Services regarding the MACD process, including assigning tasks in Service Now in relation with the MACD process
- Act as a liaison with Xerox concerning the MACD process and participate in the weekly conference calls with Xerox
- Asses and Resolve Uprint fleet problems. When appropriate inform the Manager, Campus Printing and formulate recommendations.
- Offer potential solutions to assist in the panning, development and changes of new services or the improvement of services
- Participate in training of users to new business processes and equipment under the supervision of the Manager
- Manages uPrint card log and issues uPrint cards and uPrint Prepaid Guest cards
- Assign MFD Group Codes to key operators for uPrint paper purchase in departmental areas
- Other service requests from customers
- Update and maintain the uPrint Configuration Management Database (CMDB) in Service Now
Education and Experience:
Three (3) years’ related experience
Other Qualifying Skills and Abilities:
Basic knowledge of central printing/Multi-functional device (MFD) solutions and management processes associated with them. Strong capabilities in Excel and other Microsoft suites. Good understanding of various IT components (network, servers, software, devices, cards, etc.) required to provide a central printing/MFD solution. Ability to interact well with clients in French and English (written and verbally). Ability to manage complaints, initiate actions and communicate in timely, polite and action-oriented manner with clients.
How to Apply:
Please submit your cover letter and curriculum vitae, clearly indicating the reference number, to IT Services:
McGill University, HR IT Services
688 Sherbrooke Street West, 16th floor
careeropportunity.its [at] mcgill.ca
*Current employees: please indicate your McGill ID number in your application.*
We thank all applicants for their interest in McGill University. However, IT Services will only contact applicants selected for an interview.
In order to maintain internal priority, McGill employees must apply within the delays specified in the MUNACA collective agreement for positions covered by the collective agreement or according to the personnel policies for positions covered by the personnel policies.
McGill University hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. We welcome applications from racialized persons/visible minorities, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, and persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, as well as from all qualified candidates with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. McGill implements an employment equity program and encourages members of designated groups to self-identify. Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may contact, in confidence, accessibilityrequest.hr [at] mcgill.ca or 514-398-3711.