Reporting to the Director of Shared Platform & Development Services, the BI Manager is responsible for the overall management of a team of BI specialists. Provide guidance to his team and serve as liaison between the business and the BI team to meet schedules and goals of multiple BI and analytics projects. Work with BI stewards to manage BI data issues, recommend changes to policies and establish procedures that effect the organization and align projects with business strategy. Develop marketing and communications material for BI and communicate benefits of the BI environment to executives and users.
- Manage a team of BI specialists
- Develop overall department objectives with the Director
- Manage resource allocation: material and financial.
- Perform annual Performance Dialogue and ratings for direct reports.
- Provide coaching and motivation to his direct reports and establish training and development plan.
- Act as single-point of contact for the various Business and IT Stakeholders for the scheduling, planning, and delivery of the activities under own responsibilities
- Advise and support Business Stakeholders in the implementation and evolution of BI applications and ensure the submitted business need requests are evaluated and prioritized
- Prepare and provide request status updates to Business Stakeholders through regular communication and Business Coordination and Steering Committees
- Ensure systems requirements are captured and solutions designed and developed to meet business requirements, in respect with the established governance and architecture
- Ensure quality control is performed at each step of the Software Delivery Life Cycle
- Manage Suppliers relationship for third party software/services
- Implement best practices and methodologies and ensure own team stays abreast of new technologies
- Establish, promote, support and reinforce the use of standards to ensure the quality, suitability, reliability, stability and availability of BI applications under own responsibility is maintained
- Work with clients to assess the degree to which IT investments are achieving their business objectives
- Review productivity reports of unit and evaluates processes efficiencies and recommends improvements
- Foster and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and clients.
Five (5) years' related experience
Please submit your cover letter and curriculum vitae, clearly indicating the reference number, to IT Services:
McGill University, HR IT Services
688 Sherbrooke Street West, 16th floor
careeropportunity.its [at] mcgill.ca
*Current employees: please indicate your McGill ID number in your application.*
We thank all applicants for their interest in McGill University. However, IT Services will only contact applicants selected for an interview.