Under the direction of the Managing Director Advancement Services, the Building Administrator will ensure the effective and efficient management of two buildings, with over 150 occupants.
- Act as the main liaison/project lead with property management companies for issues related to the management of buildings.
- Responsible for intake of building request forms. Process, triage, and/or execute on requests.
- Develop, distribute, and ensure adherence to internal policies, procedures and protocols related to management of buildings.
- Ensure appropriate provision of office space, access and equipment for all new hires.
- Oversee access management for buildings, including the timely activation and deactivation of access.
- Act as telephone administrator including provision of desk phones and numbers, as well as maintenance of directory information.
- Develop, implement and maintain an effective asset management tracking system and troubleshoot related problems.
- Maintain up-to-date floorplans and assist with space planning to ensure the optimization of space and assist with the administration of moves.
- Act as administrator of conference rooms. Review bookings on a regular basis to ensure that there is no overlap and inform stakeholders in the event of conflicts. Review room set-up on an on-going basis and prior to meetings to guarantee appropriate set-up and provision of AV equipment.
- Ensure that safety and security protocols and measures are in place and fully adhered to. Administer the fire marshal and first aid programs.
- Ensure the maintenance of an up-to-date inventory of supplies, materials and equipment. Liaise with vendors for procurement.
- Act as back-up to Print Shop staff and assist with troubleshooting of related issues as required.
- Recommend improvements related to building management to supervisor and assist with implementation of recommendations.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Three (3) years' related experience
Please submit your cover letter and curriculum vitae, clearly indicating the reference number, to University Advancement at staffing.dev [at] mcgill.ca.
The deadline to apply for this position is July 26, 2018 at 5:00 PM.
*Current employees: please indicate your McGill ID number in your application.*
We thank all applicants for their interest in McGill University. However, University Advancement will only contact applicants selected for an interview.