Under the direction of the Director, Faculty Programs, the Associate Director, Faculty Programs, provides leadership and directs the work of certain Faculty and Unit advancement offices, in order to facilitate opportunities for major gift fundraising.
- Provides support to the Director, Faculty Programs by providing leadership and directing the work of Faculty/Unit advancement offices for the Faculty of Education, School of Continuing Studies, Athletics, and Libraries.
- Assists the Director in the establishment of priorities and long-term objectives for all the Faculties/Units and oversees the implementation of these units in the span of control.
- Coaches staff on how to work with metrics. Monitors results via metrics and manages staff resources, including setting financial objectives and KPIs for all units.
- Provides expertise in strategizing and facilitating opportunities for major gift fundraising. Builds bridges with Deans and Faculty/Unit based professional staff in the targeted Faculties/Units to foster productive and supportive partnerships between central functions and Faculty/Unit-based programs.
- Provides guidance to Deans/Directors, Faculty members and professional staff regarding best practices in fundraising and overall advancement operations.
- Leads a team of advancement professionals. Ensures objectives and performance are aligned with strategic priorities of the Faculties/Units and of University Advancement as a whole. Under the guidance of the Director, oversees the recruitment, training, supervision, performance management, professional development and retention of Faculty/Unit based development staff in the span of control.
- Personally manages a portfolio of 25 to 50 major gift prospects, with a focus on gifts of $100K and above.
- Acts as the primary back-up to the Director, Faculty Programs.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Five (5) years' related experience
Please submit your cover letter and curriculum vitae, clearly indicating the reference number, to University Advancement at staffing.dev [at] mcgill.ca.
The deadline to apply for this position is October 18, 2019 at 5:00 PM.
*Current employees: please indicate your McGill ID number in your application.*
We thank all applicants for their interest in McGill University. However, University Advancement will only contact applicants selected for an interview.