Contribute to the development and support of the IT Systems to ensure that they meet the current and future needs of the stakeholders and users community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support IT team in resolving system incidents/problems and act as a liaison between Business Subject Matter Experts, technical teams and/or third-party vendors as required
- Lead the implementation of simple enhancements to existing systems that meet business requirements and are aligned with IT orientations:
- gather business requirements;
- evaluate feasibility, provide estimates, design solutions and prepare detailed specifications
- coordinate team effort in developing and implementing the enhancements
- Work with other IT Professionals and Business Subject Matter Experts in implementing new systems that meet business requirements and are aligned with IT orientations
- Provide estimates for tasks and artifacts under own responsibility
- Transform business requirements and conceptual system designs into detailed functional specifications in accordance with design standards
- Develop the following artifacts (not limited to) for hand off to the development team and/or third-party vendors: functional specifications, interface designs and configuration specifications
- Develop test scenarios and conduct detailed functional and integration testing to ensure programming/configuration has been done in accordance with detailed functional specifications and business requirements
- Perform or assist in the configuration and control of system parameters and files to meet business requirements
- Support Business Subject Matter Experts and users during user acceptance testing
- Assist in the development of application documentation, user documentation and training materials
Education and Experience:
Three (3) years’ related experience
Other Qualifying Skills and Abilities:
Desired: Four (4) year degree (Undergraduate) in Management Information Systems or Computer Science or equivalent experience. Functional knowledge of IT business domains. Experience in the implementation, development and support of ERP, client-server and web-application systems. Excellent analytical and problem solving skills – ability to perform root/cause analysis. Demonstrated knowledge of functional analysis and data analysis - ability to understand and clarify business needs formulated by requesters and stakeholders. Experience in working with third-party software and third-party suppliers.Knowledge of the following would be an asset: business process techniques (BPMN), Master Solution Delivery methodologies (Macroscope Productivity Center), SOA concepts, Research Data Management Software. Demonstrated effective communication, writing and planning skills. Self-motivated and ability to work well with multiple teams in cross functional set-up. Demonstrated ability to work on multiple initiatives and to manage deadlines.English spoken and written. French spoken and read. Familiarity with Oracle, SQL, Java considered a plus.Experience with Ellucian’s Banner applications considered a plus.
How to Apply:
Please submit your cover letter and curriculum vitae, clearly indicating the reference number, to IT Services:
McGill University, HR IT Services
688 Sherbrooke Street West, 16th floor
careeropportunity.its [at] mcgill.ca
*Current employees: please indicate your McGill ID number in your application.*
We thank all applicants for their interest in McGill University. However, IT Services will only contact applicants selected for an interview.
In order to maintain internal priority, McGill employees must apply within the delays specified in the MUNACA collective agreement for positions covered by the collective agreement or according to the personnel policies for positions covered by the personnel policies.
McGill University hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. We welcome applications from racialized persons/visible minorities, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, and persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, as well as from all qualified candidates with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. McGill implements an employment equity program and encourages members of designated groups to self-identify. Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may contact, in confidence, accessibilityrequest.hr [at] mcgill.ca or 514-398-3711.