Reporting to the Associate Dean of the Faculty Developement, the Administrator will oversee all the administrative activities of the Faculty Development Office and will participate in the development and implementation of the strategic Plan. The Administrator will also supervise an administrative team and will be involved in all the projects of the Faculty development Office.
- Oversee all the administrative functions of the Faculty Development Office, including HR and Finance.
- Supervise 2 clerical staff – daily activities and provide feedback on a variety of administrative tasks.
- Provide general guidance on HR related issues and Finance to the Associate and Assistant Deans, Faculty Development. Provide general guidance on policies and procedures to academic and administrative staff.
- Participate in the recruitment activities of the Office (administrative and academic positions).
- Participate in the development and implementation of the Faculty Development Strategic Plan.
- Supervise activities on 5 funds, and prepare the yearly budget.
- Explore new academic initiatives and collaboration with workshops and programs. Oversee the organization of workshops and special events. Review workshop/outreach procedures with staff to ensure that the design, implementation and evaluation are successful. Troubleshoot space and catering issues for events and workshops.
- Negotiate budget and logistical issues with suppliers.
- Implement the strategies to maximize engagement of faculty, including marketing activities.
- Guide the development of projects related to online faculty development offerings (workshops, website, videos and online resources)
- Participate in the development of a teacher recognition program for all the teachers of the Faculty of Medicine.
- Collaborate in the implementation of onboarding initiatives in the Faculty of Medicine.
- Assist with the Implementation of the administrative structure of the Campus Outaouais-Faculty Development Office.
- Participate in the training of administrative staff, where necessary.
- Participate in projects based out of SEE working groups
- Oversee ongoing improvements to the website
Three (3) years' related experience
Please submit your application online at http://www.mcgill.ca/medhr/positions-available/apply-now
Click on “APPLY NOW” and clearly indicate the reference number.
The deadline to apply for this position is November 21, 2019 at 5:00 PM.
*Current employees: please indicate your McGill ID number in your application.*
We thank all applicants for their interest in McGill University. However, the Faculty of Medicine will only contact applicants selected for an interview.