Thursday, May 30, 2019
RI MUHC - 1001 Decarie Blvd, Montreal, Quebec H4A 3J1
Drs. Sylvia & Richard Cruess Amphitheatre (ES1.1129)
The Montreal Cholesterol Summit will honor Dr. Nabil Seidah, for his contributions to cardiovascular disease research. Dr. Seidah is a co-recipient of the 2018 Lucian Award at McGill University for his discovery of PCSK9. An International panel of Speakers will discuss clinical trials of PCSK9, the New 2019 Canadian Cholesterol Guidelines, the genetics of lipoprotein disorders and the public policies of genetic diagnosis.
Click here to access Program
The symposium is open to residents and staff of McGill University and physicians. All participants must register in order to participate at the Montreal Cholesterol Summit.
The deadline to register for the event is Monday, May 27, 2019
Click here to access the Evaluation Form (Coming Soon)
- Understand the discovery of PCSK9 and its biological actions
- Review the clinical trials of PCSK9 for the prevention and treatment of atherosclerotic cardiovascular diseases
- Review the new Canadian Cholesterol Guidelines from the Canadian Cardiovascular Society
- Understand the role of genetics in diagnosis and prognosis
- Understand the ethical considerations in genetic testing
- An approach to the understanding of lipid disorders
- The role of genetic testing
- The ethical implications of genetic testing
- Applying evidence-based medicine for the prevention of ASCVD
The Montreal Cholesterol Summit meets the accreditation criteria as defined by the Maintenance of Certification program of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada and has been accredited by the Office of Continuing Professional Development, Faculty of Medicine, McGill University for up to 4.5 Section 1 credits/hours.
Through an agreement between the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada and the American Medical Association, physicians may convert Royal College MOC credits to AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Information on the process to convert Royal College MOC credit to AMA credit can be found at www.ama-assn.org/go/internationalcme
This Group Learning program meets the certification criteria of the College of Family Physicians of Canada and has been certified by the Office of Continuing Professional Development, Faculty of Medicine, McGill University for up to 4.5 Mainpro+ credits/hours.
Members of the American Academy of Family Physicians are eligible to receive up to 4.5 Prescribed credit hours for attendance at this meeting/event due to a reciprocal agreement with the College of Family Physicians of Canada.
1001 blvd. Decarie, Office C4.4180, Montreal, Quebec H4A 3J1
Tel: 514-934-1934 #34631
Email: giorgina.ciavarella [at] mcgill.ca