Are you feeling stressed about your career future? Do you feel like you are constantly rushing around but never sure that you are doing enough?
We want you to know that it’s not always about doing more but rather looking at what you’ve already done because it ALL ADDS UP!
The McGill Career Planning Service (CaPS) is excited to join 42 other University Career Centres across Canada in the career wellness campaign . The goal of this campaign is to reduce student career stress by helping you reflect on your curricular and co-curricular experiences and interests, in a creative way, demonstrating how it all adds up.
CaPS will have pop-up stations throughout the month of November where students will have the opportunity to map out everything they do and share a photo of their map on the #ItAllAddsUp Instagram feed.
We encourage all students to take a moment to reflect and celebrate what they are already doing. See how It All Adds Up for you!
How to participate:
1. Find our pop-stations and map out your experiences and interests on our “It All Adds Up” board, have a chat with one of our advisors and share your photo on Instagram.
It’s not always about doing more but rather looking at what you’ve already done because #IT ALL ADDS UP! The Soutar Career Centre (SCC) and Career Planning Service (CaPS) are excited to join 42 other University Career Centres across Canada in the career wellness campaign. The goal of this campaign is to reduce students’ career stress by helping them reflect on their experiences and interests curricular and co-curricular, in a creative way, demonstrating how #ItAllAddsUp
SCC and CaPS will have a collaborative pop-up on Monday October 29th, 2019 from 11:30am – 1:00pm in the Bronfman lobby where students will have the opportunity to map out everything they do and share a photo of their map on the #ItAllAddsUp Instagram feed.
The fun doesn’t stop there! A pop-up station can be found in front of the CaPS office from November 5-9, 2019 from 12:00 - 1:30pm. Come map out your experiences and interests, and have a chat with one of our Career Advisors and Peer Leaders!
We encourage all students to take a moment to reflect and celebrate what they are already doing. See how #IT ALL ADDS UP for you!
2. On your own or with a friend find a creative way to map out your activities and interests (using a white board, chalk board etc.) then post a picture using the hashtag #italladdsup and #mcgill on your Instagram, Twitter and/or Facebook.
- Include 3-4 things from the following list such as:
- Your program (e.g., 3rd year, Chemical Engineering)
- What you like best about your program (e.g. love learning about _____)
- Jobs you've held (e.g., Marketing Assistant)
- Volunteer roles you’ve had (e.g. McGill Walksafe)
- Clubs you’ve joined (e.g A Cappella club)
- How other people describe your personality/strengths (e.g., smile a lot; creative)
- Interests/hobbies (e.g., photography, baking)
- Sports/Music/Arts (e.g., intramural basketball, etc.)
- What you want to be known for (e.g., being a social entrepreneur)
- Anything else that makes sense for you
- Once you’ve done this complete one of the following statements and include this in your photo
- I’m hoping it all adds up to__________________________
- I’m adding up to__________________________________
COME REFLECT, CELEBRATE AND SHARE WITH OTHER STUDENTS FROM ACROSS THE COUNTRY!