Please login with your McGill email and password to access all our videos/podcasts.
Industry Insider Series
This series features industry professionals dishing the insider scoop on how their industries work and the kinds of roles within them.
Ep 01: Artificial Intelligence
In this episode, Jacomo Corbo, Ph.D., gives the inside scoop on careers in AI and talks about:
- How data science is a horizontal field that applies across diverse industries
- Why graduate STEM degrees provide job-seekers with an edge
- The vital bridge between software engineering and machine learning
- What computer science majors should know to get a machine learning job
- The shift from provably optimal approaches to experimentation
Ep 02: Policy - Consulting
In this episode, Mario Iacobacci, Ph.D., gives the inside scoop on careers in Policy consulting and talks about:
- How written communication skills are crucial to consultant success
- Where STEM students can find work within Deloitte
- How theoretical division in heterodox and orthodox economics don’t figure into consulting work
- The value of doing an internship and the decision to pursue grad school