Our career services and internship / co-op services remain open and available to students and employers virtually. Our online posting system, myFuture is available to post your summer and full-time opportunities to our students and soon-to-be graduates.
We understand that your current or future hiring plans may change, and we ask that you share any change in plans with us that may affect in particular our students participating in internships / co-ops or your plans for recruitment.
Wherever possible, we encourage you to consider remote work or other protocols to allow students to continue to gain experience and help contribute to your organization.
Summer/Fall 2020 Funding available to Hire Students
- The Federal Government made changes to the SWPP (Student Work Placement Program) to provide more flexibility to employers looking to hire students this summer. Changes include: flexibility for start/end dates, types of employers eligible, part-time and remote work eligible. Please see: Federal Subsidies / Funding for Work Integrated Learning
Supporting Your Virtual Recruitment Efforts
- Post your full-time, summer, internship, part-time opportunities online at myFuture
- Contact us to discuss additional ways to promote your opportunities and target your efforts (e.g. specialized mailings, sponsorship and virtual sessions)
- We intend to offer virtual career fairs this fall – please visit upcoming career fairs or contact us to be put on our distribution list
Internship and Co-op Programs
- Summer 2020 internships that require recognition / authorization from McGill in order to be eligible for Quebec Tax Credits will be evaluated by each Faculty responsible. Please contact us for confirmation of the student’s eligibility, or contact the faculty where the student studies: Faculty Internship Programs
- Explore resources and best practices for employers and supervisors:
- Find tips and resources to help your student employees:
The best way to reach us during the COVID-19 closure period is by e-mail at careers.caps [at] mcgill.ca