An Area Access Manager (or AAM) is a designated person within a department or faculty responsible for managing its card reader(s) by assigning and removing cardholder access to their areas and establishing and modifying card reader settings. AAMs receive specific training from Security Services.
Requests forms (for Downtown AAMs only)
Please LOGIN first in order to submit forms. You need to be an Access Area Manager to access the following.
- Modify Access Levels
- Batchload Requests
- Request Blank Access Cards
- Modify Card Holder Information
- Modify Security Device Settings
- Request Security Device Report
- Request Video Viewer for AAMs Only ***Please note that all criminal incidents where cameras are present are reviewed by the criminal investigator only. For further questions regarding a criminal incident please contact the Criminal Investigator @ 514 398-6112 or contact Campus Security by campus [dot] security [at] mcgill [dot] ca (email).
Questions or concerns? Can't find what you're looking for? Contact thesystems [dot] security [at] mcgill [dot] ca ( Help Desk*.)
*Please note: The Help Desk requires 48 hour notice to process a request? Requests that do not respect the 48 hour policy may not be processed on time.
Employees and students should carry identification cards at all times. Security Services personnel have the right to request the presentation of identification cards from anyone on University premises and may deny access to or require that any person unable to produce an identity card leave certain University premises.
For faculty and staff
Visit the HR website for information on how to obtain a new or replacement McGill ID Card.
For temporary employees and visitors
(Downtown Campus) Blank proximity cards (no photo) are available via your Area Access Manager. For guidance on their employment, please refer to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
(Macdonald Campus) blank proximity cards are obtained at Laird Hall, Room 101 where Security Services will program their ID cards for access. A letter of Authorization from the department Chair will be required as well as a refundable $25 deposit fee.
McGill service providers
working on long-term contracts or permanently assigned to McGill require a McGill Service Provider ID Card. Get information on how to obtain a MSP ID Card.